Sunday, 11 April 2010

Yet more Alice in Wonderland

This set of 3 ATCs are for a swap on UKAS. I decided to use a watercoloured background and keep the images black to give a bit more impact.  Again, most of the images used are from Cherry Pie, the Queen is from Inka Stamps.

Nearly missed a deadline!

There I was, happily thinking that I had until the end of the month to get my 'C is for ....' swap (on the CCS yahoo group) to my partner when I noticed that several people were posting that they'd sent and / or received theirs. I thought I'd best check my dates and lo and behold, the swap is due on 12th April and my partner is in the States!  After a quick panic I decided to use a small canvas as my 'C' and just to make doubly sure I used a clown stamp by I Brake for Stamps (I love this stamp, it'll possibly be popping up on here quite often).  The background stamps are by Cherry Pie, although Marina might not actually recognise them as I loaded them with acrylic paint before stamping so they're a bit messy (which is what I wanted - it wasn't a mistake, honest!).

The photo shows up the fact that I used tissue paper to stamp the clown on to - I should have used thinner tissue. I usually use the thin backs of napkins but this tissue was handy ...... the edges showed too much so I tried to disguise them with more of the gold embossing powder I put randomly on the edges / corners, but using a Versamark pen was too precise. Still you live and learn and overall I do like the effect so it's one to play with further.

Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Catch up time ....

Although I haven't posted anything for a month I have been playing in my craft room, albeit not as much as I'd have liked (of course!). 
On the Art Techniques group I have taken part in an ATC swap with the theme 'Quotes'; I chose to use one of the Humorous Seniors stamps by I Brake for Stamps and a quote by Bob Hope.

I have also made ATCs for a swap on CCSwaps, this time with the theme 'Nature'. The background is done using the watercolour / rock salt technique in yellow and green. Once dried I applied a thin layer of watered down gesso to mute the bright colours and then stamped leaves etc in a variety of colours. The stamps used are from the Hearts in Touch Botanicals sheet.