And today, it's Karen's birthday so I can finally blog her card! This card is along the same line's as Wendy's card in my previous post, just a different Vera Lane digi image. I do so love these images - I don't usually do 'cute', preferring grungy and messy playtimes, but these images have an quirky edge to them which I like. Again, I used a couple of my own hand made stamps to add extra dimension to the card.
That's it for birthday cards - I don't make many these days, possibly just 4-6 a year as I prefer to do more in the way of ATCs or canvases. So next time I'm here I promise to bring you something a little bit different!
Today is my friend Wendy's birthday so I can finally blog the card I made for her :) As seems to be the case with most of my cards at the moment, I used a gelli print for the background with some additional stamping using one of my hand carved stamps. The image is a digi image from Vera Lane, coloured with Pro Markers and the sentiment was printed using the Dymo machine.
(Apologies for the wonkiness of the scan, I didn't realise it was quite this bad at the time I scanned it!)
Last week I made a couple of cards for friends in the Asian art group I am a member of, using gelli prints as backgrounds and Vera Lane digi stamps, coloured with Pro Markers. I've not used digi stamps before because I always felt like it was 'cheating' for some reason! But, I must say, I do like that you can print them out any size you like, there's no storage problem and you'll always get a perfect image!
Back in March I took part in an ATC swap with the theme of 'Shrine'. Well, to me a shrine is a box and as I was making 9 of these and many of them were going abroad, I couldn't go down that road! So, after a lot of deliberation, this was my effort. I little bit of Paris and a little bit of Italy :) And, as a bonus, I learnt a lot about Mona Lisa and Leonardo di Vinci whilst looking up info on Wikipedia!
In the same ATC group, for July the theme was '2'. The number 2 had to be somewhere on the ATC and there had to be 2 of 'something'. I went with the flowers as I already had a load of these stamped and painted with alcohol inks from a previous project, I just added some Glossy Accents to them. The background is painted randomly with Ecoline water colours smooshed around, the number 2 was the same water colour paint dabbed through a stencil (I didn't want a harsh edge so let it bleed a bit) then a bit of random splattering and a bit of stamping. Don't you just love 'random'! I seem to do quite a bit of it ...!