Tuesday 24 October 2017

A couple of ATCs

I am one of a group of 9 ladies who each month makes 9 ATCs, the subject decided by the hostess that month. We each send our creations to the hostess, she divvies them up and then sends us all a full set.

For September the theme was Trash Polka; having never heard of Trash Polka before I had to resort to old faithful Google and found that it's a style of tattoo. So here is the ATC I made for everyone:


In retrospect, and after seeing everyone else's, I would have been better off not crackling the background - after all, you don't often see people with crackled skin do you?!

I did enjoy this challenge and would definitely like to do something else along these lines in the future.


For October the theme was Crows - at least I know what they are!! I wanted to do something a bit different and knew about this image of a crow with a saying by Sadako Sadaki on his wings so went with that. The background was done using Distress Oxides and the 'world' is part of a circle cut from pages of an old National Geographic magazine which had been subjected to CitraSolve in the days when that was the thing to do! I have quite a stash that I'd forgotten about until I went hunting for something suitable for the world image so it's good to have had an excuse to actually use some of it. 




Thanks for taking the time to look - hopefully I'll be back with some more offerings soon.


1 comment: