Wednesday 20 October 2010

A Junky Card

I am a member of a local craft group where we have a competition at each monthly meeting. The October competition was to make something using junk. After a quick hunt around I decided that the junk I had most of was wine labels, corks, foils etc (hic!) so I set to making a collage. It needed something to finish it off and I found the perfect thing on a visit to a pub in London - they had postcards advertising a make of rum and the bottle was just the right size to sit neatly on the edge of the card. (My son did query why I was hiding a stash of postcards in my bag! They were free .....!). Tying some shrink plastic tags around the neck of the bottle finished it off nicely.  OK, so I didn't win the competition but I am really pleased with the way the card came together.

4 comments:

  1. What great trash, hope you had a great time creating it, LOL! Just kidding - I love labels and other "found" ephemera too! I really like your collage and the shrink tags are a great finishing touch! Thanks for joining The Altered Alice and displaying the blog badge, I really appreciate it! It looks great against the black! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite subject :-) Looks fabulous Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's incredible-- I have a Bombshell stamp that looks so much like the Sailor Jerry girl...

    got any more of those postcards? My stepmom's name is Jerry... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can possibly direct you to the pub I found them in Sy - LOL!

    ReplyDelete